Thursday 12 September 2013

Miley Cyrus Defends Her Naked Self in “Wrecking Ball” Music Video

Miley Cyrus and Sledgehammer in "Wrecking Ball"

Haters gonna hate. That’s the message we took away from Miley Cyrus’s first interview since the release of her music video for “Wrecking Ball.” In case you haven’t seen it, the video features a completely nude Miley in the middle of a construction site. But don’t let my bare bits distract you, Miley encouraged fans during an interview with the Z100 Morning Show.

"I think the video is much more, if people get past the point that I’m naked and you actually look at me, you can tell that I actually look more broken than even the song sounds,” she says.

“If people can take their minds off the obvious and go into their imagination a little bit and see kind of what the video really means and the way that it is so vulnerable,” Miley continues. “If you look in my eyes I look more sad than actually my voice sounds on the record.”

We agree Miley does look awfully broken with her tear-filled eyes an entrancing, otherwordly blue. But it’s kinda hard to focus on that part when in the very next scene Miley licks a sledgehammer (this is not code for anything; she actually licks a sledgehammer).

Still, the 20-year-old singer is adamant that there’s more to the video than meets the eye...or tongue: “It was a lot harder to do the video than it was to even record the song. It was much more of an emotional experience.” Whatever you say, Miley. But next time you’re at a construction site, at least wear a hard hat.

Source: Z100

1 comment: